Upgrade your life!

Search This Blog

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Are you on a restricted DIET (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, GAPS, etc). Check out RESOURCE:

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chef Cat Cora & MNBlogPantry

Ok so I have been meaning to post all sorts of various recipes and other odds and ends for over a month (I promise I have the pictures to prove my good intentions). But, who cares if I have all these pictures of various meals I have cooked or eaten if I can't tell you about them? For some reason I just couldn't commit to posting anything. Maybe it has to do with my group detox program going on. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have been working on trying to finish up the details for my new website. No matter the reason here is my first post since my unintentional break.


Chef Cat Cora and the MnBlogPantry.

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Cat Cora here in Minnesota. She is on a book tour and because she is partnered with Macy's she is going around presenting/teaching and then doing a book signing.

She was very dynamic as I can only guess she must be on TV. I loved her Southern accent. She showcased 2 recipes from her new book Cat Cora's Classics with a Twist. Her Grilled Chili-Lime Flank Steak Soft Tacos with Charred Pineapple Salsa and Grapefruit and Cherry Ambrosia with Honey Cream. Everyone got samples - super tasty and the recipes were very simple and easy. Not only that but they were visually appealing as well. Take a peak:





The reason I was able to get my picture with Cat Cora was because I have been participating in the MnBlogPantry events. Thanks to Jen from Unplanned Cooking for organizing this event.

Here she is pictured with Cat 

I also wanted to post a few pics of some fellow bloggers I always love hooking up with at different MnBlogPantry events. Michele and Kelli are pictured here with a watermelon margarita from Cat Cora's book. 



And the lovely Molly of Taste Bud Tart

3 comments:

Kelli said...

What a fun post Mary! Great pictures. You did a great job capturing a fun food event. Delicious food, simply prepared. Thank you for all of the great health information you provide on this site. I learn something new all of the time!!

P.S. Thanks for the "shout out" :)

Beth Blair said...

Looks like a fabulous time! I'm so sorry to have missed it. Your photos turned out lovely.

MulberryMary said...

Beth we did miss your smiley face!

~M